Our people stories
We have created a culture of openness, transparency and integrity where all of our people can make a difference.
- Collaboration: ask for help, give help – we work well together
- Leadership: have courage and inspire others – we challenge each other to be the best we can be
- Excellence: find a better way every time – we never get complacent
- Agility: think broadly, act quickly – we thrive in change
- Respect: listen and understand, be forthright – we create honest relationships
- Responsibility: use influence wisely with integrity – we own our actions
As well as a distinctive global culture, we have developed six core principles, known as our CLEARR values. These values underpin our culture and how we do business – they are embedded throughout our business and set the parameters of how our people behave with their colleagues, clients and the world at large.
Here are some trainees sharing some highlights from their life at Grant Thornton:
Below are a few stories from our people and how they live out our values everyday.
Charlotte, Tax trainee and former intern, Oxford
“I’ve packed a lot into my two years here, learning and developing so much. I became part-qualified during my second year, and have experienced lots of variety in the work I do and in the clients I work with."
Amit, London, Public and Third Sector Audit
"On my university placement year, I gained lots of experience, working with entrepreneurial businesses and helping to project manage a major awards ceremony."
Hark, PSA trainee and former intern, Birmingham
"My internship was a steep learning curve. But it was also fun, enjoyable and support was always on hand. I was a bit worried at first about my lack of accounting knowledge. But the team expects this and provides lots of training and support."
Aamna, Tax trainee former school leaver, Manchester
"When I first joined the firm in Autumn 2016 as a school leaver in corporate tax it took some time to get used to the change of environment."