More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Job Description:Great minds. Nothing alike.
Get to know us, our clients and start learning more about yourself. As a placement student in our Public Sector Audit team, you’ll join us for 12 months for an opportunity to get stuck in with real responsibility, gain an insight into life as a trainee and fast track to a graduate role.
Public Sector Audit is a specialist team with over 300 members across the UK. As part of the team, you’ll be working with public bodies, government departments and national services, working to understand the issues they are facing, giving you a real opportunity to make a difference. During times of rapid change and financial challenge, Public Sector bodies increasingly require assurance over their use of resources and financial accounts. There will be challenges along the way, but you’ll be supported and able to meet each one with a solution. That’s how you excel here.
A look into your future
Our 12- month placement programme is designed so you can experience life working right at the heart of the business. Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll experience during your year with us:
• Hands on experience in the different aspects of audit, with a variety of clients, from NHS trusts to Fire Authorities and Local Councils
• You’ll get experience working on all kinds of projects with work including identifying audit samples and carrying out audit tests to reviewing the findings of internal audit reports
• Responsibility and the opportunity to take ownership for interesting and challenging client work
• You’ll develop a strong internal and external network to learn from
• Subject to restrictions, you’ll be required to spend time going out to work at client sites
• Working closely with colleagues to provide robust challenge and market leading insights to help clients meet their regulatory needs and business objectives
• On the job learning, alongside structured training
• At the end of the programme, you’ll have gained a wide range of skills and experience which will support your learning and development back at university and when you return to the workplace
Knowing that you’re right for us
We’ve got a flexible approach to academic entry requirements, and we’ll consider these alongside your strengths and motivations. We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves.
Back yourself with our backing
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to be yourself and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. So together with your people manager and team, you’ll decide the best way of working, for your clients, your team and for you. Everyone here enjoys a competitive salary and you’ll have a flexible benefits package to choose from too, with options including pensions, private medical cover, subsidised gym membership and season ticket travel discount.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments once qualified, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility. We’ll use the interview process to check your values match up.
You deserve the best start to your career. Come to where you’ll learn more, where you won’t limit yourself, and where you’ll discover exactly what you’re capable of. Choose Grant Thornton. It’s how it should be.
Before applying, we would encourage you to visit our employability hub
to get a feel for what it’s like to start your career with us and to get some hints and tips for the next stage in our process.