Skills we look for
We're looking for people who want to be part of something bigger. To contribute, spark fresh ideas, and go beyond expectations. People who want to proudly do what’s right, for our firm, for our people, and for our clients.
We’re also looking for people who are open to different perspectives and will share their own unique way of seeing the world to help make it better.
We’re looking for people who are genuinely interested in our clients. Who’ll ask questions and listen to answers to understand the challenges they’re facing.
And we’re looking for people who share the same values as us. We call them CLEARR because it means bringing Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility to everything you do. We’ll also be looking for evidence of our values in the things you do and the examples you give. Head to Our People and culture page to find out more about them.
To show you’ll bring these qualities to Grant Thornton, we’ll be looking for evidence of the following competencies (or strengths) at every stage of your application
- Analytical thinking- we want to see a methodical approach to problem solving and an ability to see the bigger picture as well as attention to detail.
- Co-creator - we need people who are collaborative and achieve great results when they’re part of a team.
- Driven to succeed - we’ll be looking to see that you’re motivated, take pride in your work, and will push yourself to achieve even more.
- Effective communication – we want to see you ask sensible questions to gather necessary information and present arguments clearly both in writing and conversation.
- Growth mindset - do you seek opportunities to learn and get feedback, using them to improve yourself and those around you?
- Relationship builder - we want people who understand the importance of building strong relationships and how this sometimes means challenging others.
- Self management - we want to see that you’re organised and can manage various deadlines and competing priorities.
It’s not all academic
When we look at your application, we will be reviewing your performance across the various assessments. We take a holistic approach and want to consider your potential across more than one assessment. It’s a balance across all three.
It’s important we look at your academic performance but it’s not the only thing we’re interested in. Your strengths, motivations and connection with our values are equally as important.