We help our clients navigate the ever-changing landscape of financial regulation and carry out independent evaluations to make sure their reporting is robust, enabling them to make confident decisions about the future. Our Audit and Assurance practice is comprised of over 10 different teams and over 50 partners and we audit over 8,000 entities annually.
We're the top public sector auditor in the UK, providing services to local authorities, government departments, and the NHS. When you’re part of this team, you’re not only making a difference to the running of these essential services, but to the millions of people who use them too.
We also audit thousands of commercial organisations every year, ranging from FTSE and AIM companies to small and medium sized enterprises. In fact, we're the fourth largest auditor of the UK's top 2,500 private companies.
Join the team
As part of the audit team you’ll:
- develop trusting relationships with your clients
- spend time at their place of work getting to the heart of how they do things
- examine financial records and attend stock takes
- carry out audit tests and complete audit files
- work on a variety of projects, ranging from two days to eight weeks long.
In return you’ll get to experience every side of the audit world, doing interesting, multifaceted work and going into companies of all shapes and sizes. You’ll also learn what it takes to provide quality financial advice and earn clients’ trust through integrity.
On our graduate and apprenticeship programmes, you’ll work towards one of the following qualifications. As an apprentice, you’ll usually spend your first two years getting an Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification before moving on to one of these.
- Offices in England and Wales - ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant)
- Offices in Scotland - CA (Chartered Accountant)
- If you choose to specialise in public sector audit, you’ll do CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy) or ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant)