If you are successful in the group exercise stage, you will be invited to the final round of the application process, an individual interview.
The interview will take place virtually, and will be with one, or two, of the managers from the service line you have applied for. We try to make this a relaxed conversation. Nothing too formal. Questions will range from the usual ‘Why Grant Thornton?’ or ‘Why audit?’ to some centred on our values and what interests you.
Here’s how to bring your best to the interview.
- Read our website and be up to date with industry news
- Write a list of your strengths along with examples of when you’ve shown them
- Consider your development areas and your personal learning curves
- Think about what excites you about our firm and its values
- Write a list of questions to ask the interviewer. This is a chance for you to learn about us too
Before your interview it's a good idea to take a look at the skills we look for, and think about how you can demonstrate these skills throughout the application process. When completing any of our interviews during the assessment process we recommend using the STARE technique when answering interview questions:
S - set the scene, scenario, situation
T - the task at hand
A - the action you took
R - the result
E - evaluation, critically assess whether you would do it differently if you could
Watch this Employability webinar to help you get to grips with interviews and learn tips and tricks from our very own recruiters.
Your recruiter will let you know if you are successful in your final interview, and call you to offer you a role with us. You will then be invited into your local office to meet the team and see where you will be working.