We do work experience differently at Grant Thornton. We’ve got a programme designed to get you a proper taste of what it’s like to work in professional services. You’re not here to make tea.
And don’t worry about money, we’ve got you covered. The cost of your travel and lunches is on us. We just want you to enjoy yourself and get the most of your time here.
What you’ll do
- Spend four to five days in one of our local offices to understand more about how businesses work and the different careers available in them.
- Take part in group sessions to help you develop key skills such as teamwork and communication.
- Pitch a business idea to a panel, just like a real business adviser.
- Meet colleagues and learn how to network.
Who you’ll work with
You’ll work with colleagues from across Grant Thornton to learn about the three main business areas of our firm and the kind of clients we work with.
What you’ll get out of it
At the end of your time with us, you’ll walk away with a new set of skills, a deeper understanding of business, as well as an idea of how to start your career within it. And, if you are interested in working permanently at Grant Thornton, there may be an option for a fast-track route onto our school leaver programme.
Access Accountancy placements
Access Accountancy is a collaboration of more than 25 professional services firms dedicated to improving access to the accountancy profession in the UK. We work with them to offer work experience places to students from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
We’d love to have you on our work experience programme if you:
- attend a state school or college
- and are (or have been) eligible for free school meals (or attend a school that is above the regional average in terms of the number of students eligible for free school meals)
- or would be the first member of their immediate family to attend university.
Take a look at this short video about our work with Access Accountancy and if you meet the criteria, send in your application.
How you’ll know you’re right for us
We’ve got a flexible approach to academic entry requirements, and we’ll consider these alongside your strengths, motivations and connection with us.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves.
You should share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility. Always striving to grow yourself, you should be driven to succeed with the ability to see tasks through to the end and remain agile, even when things don’t go to plan.
Sound like you? Find out more about the skills we're looking for here.
How to apply
The first step is to complete a quick and easy online registration to give us some essential details. We’ll then be in touch to let you know what happens next.
For a step by step on everything our application process involves, including tips on how to bring your best to every stage, head to the Employability Hub.